Sunday, November 15, 2009

11/15/09 Sunday In Review

Well first off HAPPY BIRTHDAY to my blog its a week old. [Aww] In my book it had a great first week run so I'm gonna keep going on the schedule that I have the best that I can. So lets go in! And I want to say a point for the name change of the "Singles" section - I realized that in the advanced world songs can be downloaded as soon as their finished in the studio, so to save face I've changed the name from "New Singles" to "Hot Singles". Now this way I have more ways to work with the singles section. Anyways Enjoy Today's Post!

Hot Singles:
I'm sure I like this song for the same reason anybody likes any Gucci Mane song. The beat. I mean I still don't think he's a good rapper [LOL]. His songs are catchy and his beats are hot thats about it. And since I still live in the south and go to a black college, its hard to NOT like Gucci or at least listen to him. The name of the track is "On Deck - Gucci Mane" If you don't like it for the lyrics, listen to the beat, it goes hard. Here it is:


Next song, unless you've been under a rock, you've had to have heard. Even if it was by accident. Its from my man Travis Porter (Twitter: iamtravisporter) and its called "All the way turned up - Travis Porter". In my book its like a version of "Turn My swag on" that I can STAND to listen to. I vote this song to be listened to on the way to the club to get you hyped and ready to get it in once you get in. Lets go!:


Track 3 is dedicated to the ladies. "Say Aah - Trey Songz", you can hate on it if you want to but thats just killing your chances with the females. Any smart nigga knows to like this song, at least when a shawty is around. And c'mon its Trigga you know the song is gonna go hard. "O so Loso" drops a verse on it too to keep the street cred up on the song. Favorite line "He works every time, Patron you my nigga" Ha! Ladies, fellas too [No Homo] here it is [YUHP!]:


Next song is a Clipse track that sounds like its right off of "Hell hath no fury". If you heard that album you know its a GOOD thing. I'm not saying that "I'm good" isn't a good track, its does its numbers and beats heads. But "Popular Demand - Clipse ft. Cam'ron" just sounds like that classic Clipse that we all grew up on. Cam'ron makes a somewhat return on it, if you like his flow, its present on this track. Here it goes:

And I PROMISED if I could find a link to download it, I'd provide it so Early Merry Christmas Here It Is: http://www.limelinx.com/files/d98386b6806d4c2a4866ce7712834500

And to stay on the trend of "Clipse" type things. The throwback track of the week is..........."Mr Me Too - Clipse ft. Pharrell" Anyone who didn't think this song went hard had to be deaf or not a true hip hop fan. Take a quick trip back in time here it is!:


Album/Mixtape Reviews:
First point I would like to make: All my mixtapes are provided by www.livemixtapes.com. Its free to download, just sign-up and start downloading. All my albums are I-Tunes purchased so no need trying to raid my dorm for stolen music! And on that note, go in!

Mixtape Review:
Wiz Khalifa - Burn After Rolling (B.A.R.)
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
I'm gonna go ahead and say it, Wiz is back! I'm not sure how many Wiz fans there are but this man has a hell of a net buzz for a few years and no album out yet. His mixtapes always go hard. This one for one has creativity out the ass, which you don't see alot of anymore even with the hottest of artists. Theres also punchline after punchline from him. He's gone a far way from "Say Yeah" and its for the better. His album "Deal or No Deal" drops November 24 so DEF go cop that! As for the mixtape, if you have yet to download it, stop what you're doing and go grab it. Taylor Gang!
Mixtape Rating (5/5)

Various Artist - Welcome To Trilladelphia 5
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
I don't usually review "Various Artist" mixtapes because most of them have a wide range of artists. But since there is a little bit of Philly in this Cali Boy's blood, I couldn't help but pick up this mixtape. If you're into philly rappers than I recommend you should have already downloaded this tape! Its got new tracks from Cassidy, Gillie, Freeway, Meek Millz, and so many more artists that make up Philly's Arsenal. Theres everything you expect in a various artist mixtape, party tracks, gully tracks, gutta tracks, and album exclusives. Big Ups to DJ E-Stacks for keeping this series going.
Mixtape Rating (4/5)

Gorilla Zoe - Monkey Business 2
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This tape is classic Zoe. All the good music you like from Gorilla Zoe is present in his new mixtape hosted by DJ Spinatik & The Wax Wizards. I'm a Zoe fan and I wasn't dissappointed at this at all, only 1 track on there from an old mixtape which to be safe we'll just call it a throwback. Gucci is present as you'd expect. Lots of GO HARD tracks on the mixtape. I recommend it.
Mixtape Rating (4/5)

Album Review:
Wale - Attention Deficit
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Well, I'm sure this review has been long awaited. Hell, this album was long awaited. After many mixtape releases and a sudden main stream hype via MTV VMAs and BET Hip Hop Awards, Wale is finally getting the long time coming attention that he needs! And what better way to take advantage of that than drop an album with all the Wale that his veteran fans love. Theres a bit of Go-Go Wale on the album, theres freestyle Wale, mixtape Wale, and even Slow track Wale. Not to be greedy but it would have been nice to see more tracks on the album than the ones that made it, but I was glad to see that there were no tracks off his mixtape carelessly thrown on the album. Altogether its a well crafted album with good featurettes and even better production. After my first listen I was going to give this album a 4/5 but I listened to it again, and actually LISTENED to it. So now I've given it the rating an album like this deserves.
Album Rating (5/5)

Artist To Watch:
I'm going to give this one to my man Travis Porter. His new mixtape with Waka Flocka "Streets R Us - DJ Teknikz" is getting a pretty good buzz. Travis' twitter is almost at 11k followers. So fill up the rest and hit him up @iamtravisporter.

Outro:
Personally I think this weeks Sunday In Review went hard. You be the judge! Comment on the post after reading and listening to todays post. I'm leaving all my wonderful fans with a hilarious vid, pretty sure this vid will make anyones day:


-SiDY

No comments:

Post a Comment