Monday, November 9, 2009

11/9/09 On Blast! Mondays

Hello Hip Hop World, its SiDY and I'm introducing a new tradition to my readers today. Mondays are now OBM (On Blast! Mondays). OBM are news & rumors from a different angle, that angle being I "voice" my opinion to whatever topic comes up.

FIRST TARGET

MIXTAPES!:
Lets start with something that has been bugging the hell out of me. Why are mixtapes now having creative titles? I don't want to think why Drake called his mixtape Property of October, I'm more worried about what tracks are on it! I think some of the blame goes to these DJ's especially the ones that UNOFFCIALLY host a mixtape. They do 1 of 2 things: Act like they know the artist personally and give them drops on every song OR grab artists drops off of old mixtapes and put them on theirs. Sad. Sad. Now back to stupid mixtape titles, Gucci Mane gets an Emmy for this "GucciMerica, Great BRRRitan, & BRRussia". Gucci. Really? That isn't creative or clever at all! Its just ignorant. And I know you guys are like "Well cmon its Gucci he's dumb as hell" But still! And Soulja Boy dropped a tape around halloween that I have to say is by far the most creative name for a mixtape ever, "Paranormal Activity". C'mon! Thats hella original! Obviously in it he has raps that tie into the movie right? Soulja Boy has always been creative with titles "Souljaboytellem.com", that might be more original than the new mixtape! Have I listened to either of these mixtapes? No, but you see I'm not putting them down for content, Gucci's might actually have some "Grade A Gucci Music" on it. No need if wondering if Soulja Boy's mixtape has anything worth listening to, we all know that answer.
As a matter of fact, Twitter me some of the dumbest mixtapes or even album names you've heard of recently: @CaliBoySwagg3r

NEXT TARGET

HOV Vs BEANS
Anybody remember 1-900-Hustler, Ignorant Shit, and all those other great songs that Hov and Beanie Siegel both blessed the track on? Well I sure do, and it leaves me lost at why Beans is going at Jay. I haven't looked much into it or listened to Bean's diss tracks but it can't be over something serious. And I'm actually scared for Beanie because IF Jay does say something back he is gonna kill pretty much any ounce of career that Beans has left. There are already rumors that Jay made a response track, if its true and it gets released, its gonna be a wrap. Oh and I will DEF have it posted for download and INCLUDE a youtube link to listen to it while it downloads! But c'mon Beans be smart, call it off or whatever you gotta do before you do yourself any more damage (I.e. - Moving to G-Unit??!?!)

NEXT TARGET

Since its In the air...
G-Unit has pretty much been a graveyard since.......Game was kicked off. But thats my personal fact I mean opinion. 50 knows its a graveyard, but somehow the artists he signs don't. They jump right for it, I don't see why. On another note, I wish fif would stop targeting pussies in hip hop. Rick Ross? C'mon now he aint gonna say much of shit back to you, that was an easy one. Fat Joe? That battles lasted forever. Wayne should have went in on him, but then again ignoring him was just as good in my book. People think of 50 as a bully in the industry, but hes more like a bully at a computer camp. He isn't a big threat he just hasn't stepped up to anyone who will do anything. Its been awhile since we've had a good, long, legtimate Hip Hop beef going on. I would same Game & 50 would have been the longest I've seen in my lifetime. Hip Hop we need some new GOOD beef. Don't dedicate one song, or one verse, dedicate a whole damn mixtape. Lets take it back to the Ghost Unit days. Hip Hop is dead cause too many people get along! [LOL]

Wrapping things Up

So I'm gonna leave you guys with this vid. Not gonna talk too much shit cause Karma is a bitch and I would be hella heated if it happen to me. Hope everyone has a great week, and keep supporting me!

-Sidy


Always Set Your Parking Brake - Watch more Funny Videos

No comments:

Post a Comment